Thursday, September 22, 2011

just gotta smile...

As my kids get older they don't say nearly as many funny things as they did when they were young.  But the past couple weeks these are a few things I've heard.

Ryan has to do volunteer service for one of his classes and there weren't many options left that fit his schedule.  This is the text I got from him.. "Here's one...I could teach Zumba to senior citizens."  (Let's just say Ry got his grace from me, so after hysterically laughing at the thought of him teaching Zumba,  we were both relieved when he found another option.)  :)

Josh when asked about his golf game, "I knew it was going to be bad when I had lost ten balls by the fourth hole..."

Mark talking to Cassidy about college football (this was before the BYU UTAH fiasco)  "BYU is the best because they are dependant and Utah is the worst because they are in the Bottom 12 conference"

Cassie when I cut open a seeded watermelon, "Wow, so that's what they look like with seeds!" (I must be a lazy fruit buyer)

Mark, when asked if his room was clean so he could go play, "yeah, it's all done, except the bed and the floor"  (the walls must have looked good I guess)

What would we do without our kids to make us smile.

2 comments:

laurel said...

I laughed at the Zumba....I do Zumba. There is some serious hip and bottom shaking going on in that class! I laughed to think of a big tall guy like Ryan shaking his booty. I would also worry about the senior citizens throwing out a hip.

Love the seed in watermelon comment. I am the lazy fruit buyer....I prefer seed in so that is what I buy. I figure: I bought it, they can pick it out themselves.

The Classy Kitchen said...

Laughed out loud at that one! My favorite was Mark's, "everything is clean but the bed and the floor". Thats classic, Val. Next time he asks you if dinner is ready, I'd say "everything is ready but the drink and the meal." Hah!