Thursday, December 17, 2009

The first two weeks of December...

I'm behind!! It's been a busy couple of weeks and now I'm just taking the time to upload photo's of the last little while. It has been an exciting month here so far-- as I'm sure most families would admit to. First at the beginning of December, Ryan went to the Preference dance at the high school. It was girls choice and his wonderful friend Keslee asked him. She is a sweetheart and so fun to be around. I want to clarify that Kelly took the picture when she came to pick him up. Only a man would take a head shot and not get the dress in!! :) We will have to train him before Cassie goes to Prom. When they get back their official pictures I will include a full one of them, Keslee had a beautiful dress. (As a side note, I did tell Kelly to take the pictures and wasn't specific as to what I wanted.)



Next came Cassidy and Mark's piano recital. Kelly's niece Krista is their teacher and she does a great job, especially when I can get them to practice!! Despite the earlier frustration of trying to convince Mark to practice, he came through beautifully and played his pieces very well. He played Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and Jingle Bells. Beautiful Cassidy did very well also, she was frustrated when she had a small fumble on one of the songs because she played it perfectly right before we left. I was so proud she just kept right on going and on her second one she played it perfectly. She played Joy to the World and Silent Night. Way to not get frazzled Cass and keep going! Krista also played a beautiful piece. She is so talented and I could listen to her play all day. We are so grateful for her dedication and hard work with Cassidy and Mark.


The next week brought Cassidy's ballroom dance recital. They had a fun time and performed a Tango, Samba and a Jitterbug. I love how she always has a smile on her face and loves to perform. I am looking forward to the Spring season when they get to compete. They have been working hard.

Josh had a wonderful choir concert also to which I forgot to bring my camera!! I think I could lose my mother's license for that one. He is so handsome and looked grown up in his tux and the music was beautiful. He works hard in choir and enjoys singing especially now that he is a bass instead of tenor. :)

1 comment:

laurel said...

He does not look 17. He looks like he is 20! So strapping and handsome! Busy is busy. Can be fun, but can be tiring. The recital sounds and looks amamzing. You have talented kids. We are off on a trip. We wish you a Merry Christmas!!!