Thursday, April 16, 2009

What month is it?


We are feeling a bit dejavuish (yes that IS a word!) around here. The calendar does in fact say April 16th, but the sight that greeted us out our window this morning definitely said January! Mother Nature has been flipping the weather back and forth so fast I feel like I'm getting whiplash!
The ironic thing is this week is Spring Break and my kids are out of school. But as you can see they have decided not to let the snow deter their fun. That is what is great about kids isn't it? They are so adaptable and can make almost any situation fun (except scouring the bathroom, we are still working on that one!).
While me on the other hand, am ready to close the blinds and choose the ignorance is bliss option. Or choose to blame the weather on my never ending junk food cravings by saying psychologically, my body must think it's getting ready to hibernate and must store up for the winter! That is my new excuse when I jump on the scale and see the needle climb. It is not my fault, it's just a fact of nature and a direct correlation of the temperature outside! Although on some subconscious level I do realize that there are thin healthy people living in Alaska, I'm not letting that deter the blame

I need to go join my kids and their friends so I can burn some calories! Then come in and make hot chocolate with lots of whip cream! :)

5 comments:

Anna Marks said...

I feel your pain, that storm system is on it's way here in two days. I'm basking in 60 degree weather today!! We went to the park for the first time!! Hurray!! I'm sure I will be posting pictures of the snow in a few more days. ;-)

Shauna said...

Wow! We got snow but not enough for snowmen! It's all gone now.
Sure looking forward to 70 next week!!

laurel said...

Holy hannah....we only got 3 inches. You got pounded. What a fun spring break.

The Stanley's said...

It melted as it fell here! Just a skiff. I must say your pictures are very wonderful. I do feel your gray weather induced junk food pain! It has taken over my house keeping skills also!!!!!!

Amberly said...

OH MY GOSH! i knew that we got snow while i was gone but it didn't really register in my mind just how much! wow. i have to say that i am THRILLED that i missed out on that one! i will have to come over soon and chat with you about my trip and finally show you my shoes!