Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You know you are the parent of teenage boys when....

they stop asking for matchbox cars and want the real ones.

instead of holding your hand when they cross the street, they go tearing across it on their skateboards.

they don't make eye contact with you in public places.

all the girls don't have cooties, and suddenly it's cool to hang out with them.

showers, deodorant and combed hair are a must, probably because of the cootie free girls.

the best conversations you have with them is in texts on their cell phone.

happy meals are substituted for the entire dollar menu.

they want cash instead of hugs.

a skinned knee doesn't require a kiss but becomes a symbol of toughness for all to see.

driving in a mini van is totally uncool.

they don't want to wake up early and watch cartoons but sleep in till noon.

they revert back to cavemen days and speak in grunts and mumbled phrases.

they outgrow their clothing before they wear it out.

they roll their eyes when they are leaving and you say, "make good choices!"

7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Ha ha. That is hilarious. You are a good mom. Hope to be like you one day.

Shauna said...

I agree!! Those are great!

Dione said...

Many of those apply to teenage girls too! You are a good mom!

laurel said...

Hee Hee Hee....funny. Yet it is sad in a way, I guess it is because they really don't need us anymore.

Melissa said...

So this is what I have to look forward to? I think I'll try to appreciate them young just for a little bit longer!

The Andersons: said...

The best conversations I have with Ryan are on facebook! He told me last night that he has the best mom. I told him to tell you and he said that he does..."all the time!" I hope he does because it sure is true!

Lucy said...

That is great! I can't believe that the boy I used to babysit can drive!! It is weird when you don't really see them grow up! I NEED to move HOME!!!