Wednesday, January 21, 2009

joys of painting

I am writing this post in the hopes that next time I get an idea in my head to paint I should reconsider. This past weekend the kids and I painted two bedrooms. Actually they were great helpers. Mark helped paint his room from the middle of the walls down, and Josh hung in there for the duration with both rooms. These rooms have vaulted ceilings, so ladders, overcoming fear of heights and prayers were involved. I did make it out alive, with only one mishap, as pictured below. I managed to keep most of my sanity intact. I remember phrases like "don't lean up against that wall....oh well, that color looks great on you!" "Watch out while carrying the paint roller.....oh well, the carpet needed some sprucing up!" "Who let Harley (our dog) in here!" (followed by a chasing scene that could have been out of a cartoon) We didn't get any pictures of the BYU room (Ry and Josh's) but here are some of Mark painting in his new room. Now it's time to catch up on laundry and house cleaning! Although Cass is now talking about painting her room. HELP!

New hair highlights.....I got attacked by a falling paint roller. "Watch out below!"

5 comments:

The Stanley's said...

I really don't like to paint either. My whole house needs it and I keep convincing myself that the pioneers were happy! I love the colors though. Especially the highlights. Who knows maybe that is the answer to my hair dilemma. Probably much less expensive than the beauty parlor. :)

The Brown Family said...

Lee is a GREAT painter and my brother-in-law is a professional painter...both mean that I never get re-paints :)

Maddie is begging for orange paint in her bedroom and I have promised we can tackle it this summer.

This post reminds me why I like to let Lee be responsible...and then I can just complain when it doesn't happen!

Kim

laurel said...

It is time to repaint our house. I hate it. I did our basement and won't do it again. I am hiring it this time. I really admire you for doing it!!! Like the color choices.

Love the hair. Let us know if it is permenant or if it comes out. Nice that your kids helped.

Anderson Clan said...

Where are the finished pictures??? Hello, Val! I want to see what it looks like now. I stopped by today to pick up the bindings, hoping to get a peek, but YOU WEREN'T THERE! Now, I need pictures. I just mailed you a check, by the way. Thanks for picking them up for us. Love ya!

Melissa said...

You are the painting queen. I can't wait to see what it looks like! What a great January project.